Thursday, November 5, 2009

Circle of Leaves!

This post coincides with a previous post, where I discuss the beauty of Edinburgh and how the people are so interwoven. I found the old poem, and I've decided to share it with you.

"Circle of Leaves"

Down the path many hooves have stomped
before.
I glide down casually
in awe
of the nature that surrounds me.
The foliage, an eclectic mix,
Vibrantly illuminating the arms where they stand;
Sweet oranges, blood reds, tired withered browns
thickly intermingled with the ones full of
Life.
When the time comes, they let go of their mother's hand
and, drifting reverently,
spin in a lethargic twirl towards the ground below.
At the same time, new babies being formed;
To continue; to create the magnificent
quilt of the forest.
As I gaze intently on the leaves, so different
but
so connected,
I ponder when will we become so harmoniously tied?
With each falling leaf, there is a new life being shaped
and formed
until...
It is time to let go of their mother's hand
and
Drift
Towards the earth below.

No comments:

Post a Comment