Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A nice day!

Today was a beautiful day in Edinburgh. I woke up, put on my flip-flops, and hit the street. I decided to take a back road, and it just happen to work out in my favor. There was a poster of Hendrix on a window, so I figured I'd check out what this store offered. I walked in and I was instantly blown away.... Within the shop, there is stacks upon stacks of CDs and Vinyls. (Probably over a million). I am a pretty tall guy, but compared to the stacks of music, I felt really short. This place had everything, and the owner was an extremely knowledgeable Scottish hippie, so that was cool. We started to chat, and he confessed his deep sentiment for Georgia and, of course, The Allman Brothers Band. We discussed the explosive stylings of Warren Haynes and Derrick Trucks, and the soulful blues of B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Muddy Waters. Dougie, the hippie, was an absolute music lover. He told me stories of going all over the U.S. simply to collect vinyls. He has so many that only one person can come into the store at a time because the walkway is so small. He wrapped up our conversation with "Any album you want, I either have, or can get really easily."

As I started to leave the shop I looked down and saw a beautiful sight: STACKS OF LED ZEPPELIN VINYLS.

So family, friends, Rotarians, if there is a rare or great vinyl that you would like to have for Christmas, please let me know.


The rest of the day was great. I went to a Quaker Center that focuses on Peace and Conflict Resolution and they have ties with the Church of Scotland, so I think I might get involved and see what kind of "Pockets of Peace" I can create. Life is a beautiful thing.

Tonight is a pub crawl.

1 comment: