Monday, September 7, 2009

Selling Paella´s by the seashore.

After 3 long flights, and a cup of coffe in my lap, I returned to Europe. I landed in Dublin and contacted my great friend de Caste llon, Fran. Fran had started a business in Belfast selling Paella. So, he told me to come to Belfast, and find him at the market. I did, and I was greeted with fresh paella con pollo. Muy Bien.

After the market, we drove around parts of Belfast seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I met one of Fran´s best friends who spècialized in elevations--EL Avion. The three of us sat and spoke on many different issues: life, happiness, peace, success, and all the while casually sipping cafe con leche while a beautiful aroma filled the atmosphere. Simultaneously, light rays began to dance through the window. I looked up and became entranced by the deep, blue sky. I just sat and smiled and thought ¨It´s great to be back!¨

Saturday: I became a paella seller. I travelled with fran to Hillsborough, NI to set up for a market. When we were done, we got in the car and drove to another location to another festival. Upon arrival, we thew together the paella mix and began to serve it up. The only problem, however, was the event was not very well attended. A few locals, but not much. The food that wasn´t sold, we packed up and gave away to the different vendors. So, I guess ¨pockets of peace¨ were created through paella. Awesome. It was an interesting experience. Fran has given me a paella kit, so I think I will prepare sometime in Ednburgh.

It is nice to be back in Belfast, and to see old friends. I am looking forward to going all over Europe and seeing friends from St. Mary´s, many reunions are in store.

I´m not sure what i´m going to do the next week, but it´s no worry. Fran and I may rent a car and drive around Ireland selling Paella and make some cash.

If you are travelling, I hope all is going well and you keep the party going.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment